Minutes of May 2, 2022 C.V.W.C. meeting
Tim called the meeting to order at 7:01 pm with 27 members present.
- Roll call of officers was taken with all members present.
- Minutes of the April 4 meeting were read and approved.
- Jeff Soash provided the financial report it was read and approved.
- Harpers Ferry tournament was discussed. 16 boats participated. 8 boats caught 26 fish with 17 being slot fish, 8 boats blanked. Doug Bownell reported handlining Rapalas. Tim reported handlining fire tiger cranks. 5th - Doug Bonwell & Greg Mahlstedt, 4th – Tim Ahrens & Tom Ahrens, 3rd – Carl Holten & Marty Steufen, 2nd – Jeremy Geisler & Mike Goltz, 1st – Chad Kinkade & Billy Martin
- Tim thanked all who helped with the Trout Stocking Kids’ event. It was mentioned the kids missed seeing the fish stocked. Milo will talk to Dan Kirby about stocking the day of the event in future years.
- Outdoor Journey for Girls was discussed. Will occur July 12-14 at Hickory Hills Park. For girls age 12-15. Moved and seconded to sponsor 5 girls in 2022, motion passed. Suggestion was made to teach fishing earlier in the day with cleaning demonstration to follow.
- Katie Klus (Hartman Reserve) and Lori Eberhart (George Wyth) had told Tim no kids’ events are scheduled at this time.
- Tim reminded everyone of the Jim’s Sport Shop Kids’ Fun Day on June 4th at Kohlman Park in Waverly from 2-4 pm.
- Pizza Ranch is scheduled for October 12. Greg Azbill will investigate having another event next winter.
- Family Fun Day is scheduled for August 21, 12-3 pm. A Club Recognition Picnic will follow in the same shelter.
- Road Clean-up is supposed to occur twice per year. A spring clean-up will occur April 21 at 9 am. Meet at the Lone Tree Road on-ramp to Highway 218.
- Fall walleye stocking was discussed. Moved, seconded and approved to allocate $5000 for walleyes again. It was reported that George Wyth, Big Woods and Grundy Lakes are doing well with the walleyes stocked so far.
- Tim reported a thank you from Tammy Mauer regarding Mike Everding.
- Terry Blank had picked up the Club equipment from Tammy.
- Trevor Davis (scholarship winner) is now employed full time at Hickory Hills as a Conservation Maintenance Technician.
- Darrell thanked those helping replant trees at George Wyth (Milo).
- Tim reported on fishing on Lake Erie. Caught a lot of pre-spawn females 12-15 feet deep in 50 feet of water. Erie has a 6 fish daily limit with no possession limit. He and Tom stayed at Little Ted’s. Tim recommended Erie for lots of large fish.
- Terry Blank reported on the passing of Bob Fuller, on of the Wild Bunch participants.
- Terry VanLaningham was thanked for donating the tackle boxes.
- Drawing for two Scheel’s gift cards. Tony Patterson & Jeff Heltibridle.
- Meeting adjourned.