Minutes of March 7, 2022 C.V.W.C. meeting
- Jennifer Hoover from Hawkeye Community College introduced the recipient of the 2022 of the Cedar Valley Walleye Club Outdoor Education Scholarship. Trevor Davis gave a brief description of himself and why he is interested in Natural Resource Management. He thanked the Cedar Valley Walleye Club for presenting him with the scholarship.
- Tim called the meeting to order at 7:08 pm.
- Roll call of officers was taken with one member absent.
- There were no minutes of the previous meeting.
- Jeff Soash provided the financial report it was read and approved.
- We currently have nine members of The Walleye Federation. Twelve members are needed to keep the $1 million liability insurance policy provided by TWF. Three members have volunteered to join TWF to complete the twelve memberships for 2022.
- Dan McGuire from Big River Walleye Circuit contacted Tim. He has scheduled a walleye tournament on Pool 4 the day after our June 11 tournament.
- The Trout Stocking event will take place on April 23 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Sign up sheet to come. A request has been placed at HyVee for hot dogs, buns and condiments.
- Boat Show discussion took place; Raffle items have been purchased, 28” Blackstone flat top grill and a meat bundle will be the grand prize raffle drawings. A work schedule signup was passed around.
- A new Trophy Sponsor was announced. The new owner of the Prop Shop in Cedar Falls has given eight gift certificates for distribution.
- On gift certificate from Custom Covers is still available. Contact Tim if you are planning to have work done on you boat cover.
- A shirt order will be placed soon.
- Jim’s Sport Shop in Waverly has asked for CVWC to assist with a Family Kid’s Day in Kohlmann Park on June 4. He specifically asked for minnow races.
- Discussion was had concerning other events we might provide such as casting instruction.
- Discussion took place about purchasing fishing poles to give away at future kid events. Tim will investigate purchasing poles at a reasonable cost.
- Drawing was held for two $10.00 SCHEELS gift cards. (Brad Behrens, Rick Harris)
- Elections were held: President Tim Ahrens VP Darrell Kinkade Treas. Jeff Soash Recording Sec. Al Dietz
Ryan Kurtz Scott Schipper Donnie Soash
Tie: Greg Dietz & Jeff Heltibridle
Tournament Board: Tim Ahrens Greg Azbill Jay Dietz Mike Everding
Grant Rowe Scott Schipper
- Meeting adjourned.