Minutes of June 6, 2022 C.V.W.C. meeting
- Tim called the meeting to order at 7:04 pm with 27 members present.
- Roll call of officers was taken with one member absent.
- Minutes of the May 2 meeting were read and approved.
- Jeff Soash provided the financial report it was read and approved.
- Meeting was suspended at 7:10.
- John Rahe reported that Tammy Mauer is giving Club members first chance at purchasing Mike Everding’s fishing equipment and tackle.
- Meeting resumed at 7:18.
- Tim stated he will be tournament director for the Pepin and Guttenberg tournaments. Jay Dietz and Donnie Soash have volunteered to be co-directors for the Lansing tournament.
- The Tournament Board met on the Monday following the Clear Lake tournament to review photos and score cards.
- Multiple changes were made to the preliminary results due lengths that could not be verified from the photos. Emphasis will be placed on careful photos so fish can be verified.
- One team was disqualified for failure to wear life jackets when on plane.
- Clear Lake results:
- Many fish were caught: 14”-15” = 41 15”-16” = 66 16”-17” = 56
20”-21” = 3 21”-22” = 2 22”-23” = 0
- Final places:
4th place - Carl Holten & Marty Steufen - 11.00#
3rd place - David Murray & Lantz Thoe - 11.40#
2nd place - Jeremy Geisler & Doug Bonwell - 11.58#
1st place - Tim Ahens & Tom Ahrens - 13.56#
- Big fish:
2nd - Craig Schmitt & Jay Dietz - 4.07#
1st - Tim Ahrens & Tom Ahrens - 5.39#
- DNR is grateful for the CRR tournament format.
- Fingerling have been stocked in local rivers. Tally to follow.
- Traps have been placed in George Wyth Lake to check for zebra mussels.
- Angelo reported catching 19 walleyes from George Wyth Lake, largest being 19.5”.
- Milo donated a National Fishing Grand Slam coin collection to the Club. Method of disposition to be determined.
- Bob Stewarts black jacket has been donated to the Club. Silent auction suggested for disposition.
- Per Lori Eberhart, Outdoor Journey for Girls has 13 registered out of 30 spots.
- Jim’s Sport Shop Kid’s Fun Day had 10 members assisting. Attended 150+/-.
- Family Fun Day will be August 21, 12-3pm. Sign-up sheet was passed around.
- Club family picnic will follow Family Fun Day in the George Wyth Lodge. An email will be sent to members with an RSVP request. Social hour from 4-5, meal 5-6 with a small award ceremony at 6. Food and non-alcohol drink will be provided. Pork loin, pulled pork, baked beans and potato salad.
- No old business.
- No new business.
- Drawing for Scheels cards. Peyton Groen and Terry VanLaningham winning.
- Meeting adjourned.