Minutes of July 6, 2022 C.V.W.C. meeting
- Tim called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm with 20 members present.
- Roll call of officers was taken with two members absent.
- Minutes of the June 6 meeting were read and approved.
- Jeff Soash provided the financial report it was read and approved.
- The Pepin Tournament was discussed. 11 teams participating.
- Tournament Board met on Monday after the tournament to verify fish recorded. Tally was reported to the DNR.
5th place – Doug Bonwell & Doug Newhoff – 11.27#
4th place – Greg Azbill & Grant Rowe – 14.33#
3rd place – Billy Martin & John Rahe – 15.84#
2nd place – Carl Holten & Marty Steufen – 17.18#
1st place – Taylor Steffens & Rick Steffens – 19.81#
3rd place Big Fish – Billy Martin & John Rahe – 4.83#
2nd place Big Fish – Carl Holten & Marty Steufen – 7.41#
1st place Big Fish – Taylor Steffens & Rick Steffens – 7.86#
Tim complemented on a great job on photos and recording by participants.
Next tournament is September 24 out of Guttenberg. 7 team signed up so far.
Tournament Board is looking into using the Fish Donkey app for tournaments next year.
- Milo reported DNR has stocked walleye in local rivers, no tally yet to report.
- Dan Kirby told the City of Cedar Falls that no further trout stocking will take place until the cattails are removed.
- Wipers were stocked in George Wyth again.
- Report from Lori that a 28” walleye was caught in George Wyth Lake.
- Outdoor Journey for Girls:
Angelo stated crappies and bluegills are needed for fish cleaning instruction. Freeze them whole and take to Hickory Hills.
20 girls are signed up.
Fish first Thursday morning and clean fish that afternoon.
Sign up sheet and email to follow.
- Family Fun Day August 21. 12-3 pm
No communication from Impact Outdoors.
Impact Outdoors usually gives free fish poles to first 100 kids. Walley Club has 50 additional poles to give out to next 50 kids. Suggestion was made to purchase small trophies for the minnow races.
- Club Family Picnic following Family Fun Day.
Open to Club members and their families.
4-5 pm Social Hour, 5-6 pm meal, 6 pm short recognition.
Sign up on forum and Facebook.
Cabelas gave 5 $50 gift cards to the Club two years ago. Suggested to hold a drawing for the remaining three.
Suggested to hold a drawing for a gift certificate for a custom rod.
- Scheel’s gift certificate drawing – Joe Webber & Terry Blank
- Meeting adjourned.
- Respectfully submitted, Al Dietz