Minutes of April 4, 2022 C.V.W.C. meeting
Tim called the meeting to order at 6:58 pm with 27 members present.
- Roll call of officers was taken with three members absent.
- Minutes of the March 7 meeting were read and approved.
- Donnie Soash provided the financial report it was read and approved.
- The Genoa Tournament was discussed. 16 teams launched on a frigid morning. The tournament was dedicated to Mike Everding. A drawing was held at the Board meeting for the last three places and the third place Big Fish. Team captains Jim Kobliska, Scott Schipper and Andrew Serocki each received 5% of the prize money per tournament rules. Donnie Soash received the third place Big Fish money. Tim covered tactics and results.
- Tim has secured all tournament permits along with Mike’s tournament records and the Club’s equipment from Mike’s wife, Tammy.
- All tournament results need to be reported to Karen Osterkamp with the Iowa DNR.
- Milo talked about a poaching investigation and arrests by the DNR in eastern Iowa. Five people were arrested on 150 charges stemming from poaching of over 70 deer, turkeys, ducks and pheasants. The investigation took over one year and was stopped after the 150 chargers were levied. Over $80,000 in fines along with confiscation of guns, boats and other gear and equipment.
- 20 girls and 80 boys Shakespeare poles with reels have been ordered from Scheel’s for kid’s events. Jeremiah Matz provided a $500 gift certificate toward purchase of the poles. Poles and tackle boxes will be given out after Scheels runs out at the April 23 Trout Stocking and Kid’s Fishing event.
- A sign-up sheet for the April 23 event was passed around. 200 hotdogs, buns and condiments were requested from HyVee. No reply has been received as of yet. As a last resort hotdogs and buns will be purchased for the event. The City of Cedar Falls has approved parking on both sides of Viking Road for the event. Angelo will bag signs that morning.
- The Club banner was updated at Signs by Tomorrow.
- Greg Azbill will check with Pizza Ranch for additional fund raiser sign-up.
- ABC Printing has gone out of business. A new order for primarily black shirts will be place with Dickey’s Printing.
- The Board recommended purchasing up to 100 pre-made tackle boxes from Hank’s at $1.00 each. Terry Van Laningham volunteered up to $100 to cover the cost. Greg Dietz will set them aside for the Club.
- There is a vacancy on both the Trustees Board and the Tournament Board due to the passing of Mike Everding. Three options to consider, holding another election, not filling the vacancy or offering the positions to other nominees from the election. As this is the first official meeting under the new board, the positions were offered to nominees. Greg Dietz and Grant Rowe both declined the Trustee position with Kevin Belz accepting. Al Dietz accepted appointment to the Tournament Board.
- Tim read a letter from Trevor Davis thanking the Club for the scholarship.
- The new owner of the Prop Shop in Cedar Falls is a new Trophy Sponsor, giving eight gift cards for use by Club members.
- Boat Show netted $1200. $1000 profit from both shows.
- Tactics: Doug Bonwell – hair jigs on the Mississippi, Angelo – Cedar bite is good, 1/8 oz. jig with swimming minnow, Darrell and Jim – Guttenberg 4” firecracker twister
- Terry Van Laningham – 12 signed up for Lake of the Woods, 18 beds reserved.
- Scheel’s gift certificate drawing – Grand Rowe & Terry Blank
- Meeting adjourned at 7:47.